What are the best adventures in the National Park System in the Lower 48? For sure, three weeks floating the Colorado River through Grand Canyon National Park has to be one, and climbing the Grand Teton in its namesake park is another. But then what?
To help start this list, here are five great adventures in no specific order:
1. Colorado River trip, Grand Canyon National Park
2. Climbing the Grand Teton, Grand Teton National Park
3. Climbing El Capitan, Yosemite National Park
4. End-to-end on the Appalachian Trail, Appalachian National Scenic Trail
5. Wild cave tour, Mammoth Cave National Park
What else, travelers? Are there 50 great adventures? 100?