Your National Park Photograph Could Appear On Next Year's Passport To Your National Parks®
Got a great national park photo? Want it to be one of 10 used by Eastern National for its Passport To Your National Parks® stamps? You have until October 17 to get your candidate in.
Each year Eastern National holds a contest for National Park Service employees and Volunteers In Parks to select ten new images for the collectible Passport To Your National Parks® stamp series. The stamps (one national and nine regional) are on one perforated sheet and fit into the official Passport books. Image submissions of national parks with special events or anniversary celebrations during 2012 are encouraged, and a brief statement about the event should be enclosed with the photograph.
National parks previously featured on Passport stamps are not eligible for the contest. However, NPS employees and VIPs from those parks can submit photographs of parks not previously featured.
Submissions must be received by Eastern National in Fort Washington, PA, by October 17, 2011. Submissions should be sent to:
Eastern National Passport Photography Contest
470 Maryland Drive, Suite 1
Fort Washington, PA 19034
Here's the fine print:
* Only Park Service employees and Volunteers in the Parks are eligible.
* All submissions must be clearly labeled with 1) the park name and image location, 2) the photographer's name, 3) the photographer's status as a Park Service employee or VIP, 4) current park assignment, 5) the photographer's mailing address (no P.O. Box numbers), telephone number, and email address.
* Image submissions of national parks with special events or anniversary celebrations next year are encouraged. If you go that route, include a brief statement about the event along with the photograph.
* National parks previously featured on Passport stamps will not be considered.
* All submissions must be reproduction-quality color originals, either as a 35 mm slide, a color print, a 4 x 5 transparency, or a 300 dpi tiff file.
* Eastern National will review all submissions and make the final selections. Images will be judged on quality, interpretive merit, and appropriateness of subject matter.
* Lacking a suitable entry, Eastern National reserves the right to select a photograph from other sources.
* By submitting your work for consideration, you agree that Eastern National may use your photo for the Passport stamp and promotional purposes.
* Eastern National is not responsible for lost or damaged photos, slides, or transparencies. All submissions will be returned to the photographers.
* Contest winners will be announced in January 2012. Eastern Natinoal will pay the photographer $500 for the winning photograph in each category. If the winning image is a National Park Service slide or transparency, or was taken on government time, Eastern National will donate $500 to the photographer's park to support that park's interpretive program.