Petrified Forest National Park marks its 105th anniversary on December 8, and in honor of that the park has lined up a number of special activities for visitors.
* Cultural Demonstrators will be at the Painted Desert Inn National Landmark between 9:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., sharing their skills and knowledge as well as a chance to purchase unique hand-made gifts for the holidays.
* Anniversary and Holiday Open House at the Painted Desert Inn National Historic Landmark from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.-enjoy hot drinks, cookies and treats, and holiday cheer.
* Painted Desert Inn Tour: 12 p.m.-Meet the ranger at the Painted Desert Inn National Historic Landmark. Explore this intriguing historic building with a ranger and discover its fascinating past.
* Triassic Park Program: 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.-How did living trees turn to stone? Discover Triassic treasures with a ranger, which may include a talk in the sunroom and/or an easy walk (with a few short stairs) along the Giant Logs Trail. Meet in the Rainbow Forest Museum sunroom.
* Puerco Pueblo Tour: 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.-Take a journey into the past and discover the ancestral Puebloan people of Petrified Forest. Meet the ranger at the Puerco Pueblo trailhead.
For more information call (928) 524-6228, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Mountain Standard Time.