With the decision made to merge the Glacier Association with the Glacier National Park Fund, the new organization is going to need a new logo, and that's where you come in.
When the Glacier National Park Conservancy debuts on January 1, 2013, the board of this non-profit that works in behalf of Glacier National Park wants to have a new logo to go along with its new name.
You are invited to create your own idea for a logo with a graphic or sit down with your kids and markers, paints, crayons, a computer, etc. to capture their idea or work with an art class to create their idea. Your ideas will help the organization promote stewardship and support for the Conservancy - whose goal is to generate additional financial support for the park in an era of reduced federal budgets through increased private fundraising and philanthropic activities, and through continued operation of the bookstores within Glacier National Park and at other federal agency partner sites in Montana.
The logo contest is open to all-comers. The intent of the contest is to combine your talent with the heart of generous donors/members and the inspiring beauty of Glacier National Park…in order to come up with an image that will portray the Conservancy’s support for Glacier National Park.
The winner of the logo idea contest will receive an “America the Beautiful” annual park pass, The first 100 Years: the Story of Glacier National Park by Carol Guthrie, a Glacier National Park Conservancy blanket, and a Billy Bowman stuffed mountain goat, the Fund’s current mascot.
Here are a few guidelines that you will need to know:
* The contest is open to everyone.
* Participants may submit logo ideas to the Glacier National Park Fund’s Facebook Page or send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* The theme of the contest is….The World’s Best Backyard Park.
* All artwork/designs/logo ideas must include the letters GNPC or the name Glacier National Park Conservancy.
* The winning idea will be the launching point for our new logo. A professional artist will then be hired to actually create the official logo from the winning idea.
* Designs/graphics that contain copyright images or artwork coming from clip-arts will not be considered.
The online logo idea contest runs through November 2, 2012. Just upload your logo idea to the Fund’s Facebook Page or send by email to email@example.com by 4 p.m. on November 2, 2012.
A short list of 3 to 5 designs will be chosen from the contest entries by the Selection Committee. The short list artists will be contacted and publicly announced after November 12th.
The logo idea contest winner will be announced by the end of November.
Please go to www.glaciernationalparkconservancy.org for full details and information about the logo idea contest, how to submit your creative idea, and how the winner will be selected.