National parks have served as backdrops for countless movies. Death Valley National Park played a role in Star Wars, Mount Rushmore National Memorial, of course, was prominently featured in North by Northwest, and Thelma & Louise drove through parts of Canyonlands National Park.
The list rolls on, not unlike credits at the end of a movie:
* Devils Tower was the focal point of Close Encounters of the Third Kind
* Arches National Park was glimpsed in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
* Planet of the Apes landed at Glen Canyon National Recreation Area
* Denali National Park and Preserve was a backdrop for Into the Wild
* Fans of Westerns know that Shane rode across the Grand Teton National Park landscape
* Dances With Wolves used Badlands National Park
There are more, but you get the idea. So, which movie with a national park backdrop is your favorite, and why?