Series Of Snowshoe Hikes Planned At Voyageurs National Park
A weekly ranger-led snowshoe hike, including one by moonlight, is scheduled at Voyageurs National Park through the next month.
Dates and Times
* Sunday, February 10: 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
* Sunday, February 17: 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
* Friday, February 22: 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. (Full Moon Hike)
* Sunday, February 24: 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
* Sunday, March 3: 1 p.m.- 3 p.m.
If you plan to go on any of these hikes, meet at the Rainy Lake Visitor Center. For the full moon hike, a short program on moon phases will be offered before you head out for a hike in the park. Afterwards you'll be able to warm yourself around campfire.
Snowshoes are provided. Suggested items to bring along include: water, sunglasses, camera, trekking poles, and warm layers. If bringing a headlamp for the Full Moon Hike, the red or green-colored lights work best. No fee or registration is required to attend.