A collection of small, but beautifully designed, cabins have sprouted at West Yellowstone, Montana, for travelers looking to explore Yellowstone National Park.
Built for Delaware North Parks & Resorts, the 50 cabins (some dog friendly) come in varying designs that can handle groups up to six guests, or a total of 12 if you rent connecting cabins. You won't find a chef's kitchen inside these cabins, but they do come with kitchenettes supplied with a sink, 2-burner ceramic glass cooktop, four cup coffee maker, under-counter refrigerator/freezer, microwave, 2-slice toaster, dishwasher, dishware, utensils, glassware, dish towels and dish soap.
Brand new this year, the cabins are available for rent from July 1 through October 20 for nightly fees ranging from $190 to as much as $475 during peak season.
Located a small handful of blocks from Yellowstone's West Entrance, these "Explorer Cabins" are the first newly built lodging option in West Yellowstone since the Delaware North Parks & Resorts-owned-and-operated Yellowstone Park Hotel was opened in 2007.
The cabins are clustered in five distinct settings to encourage a sense of community for families or friends traveling together. The five camps are named after early pioneers and explorers of Yellowstone National Park: Washburn, Colter, Bridger, Russell, and Langford. The Washburn Camp includes dog-friendly cabins.
Three layout designs are available - Montana, Old Faithful and Yellowstone:
* The Montana Cabins accommodate up to four people, and consist of one large room with two queen-size beds. Guests can connect two adjoining cabins through an interior doorway. There are ten Montana Cabins, which offer five possible inter-connecting cabins.
* The Old Faithful Cabins accommodate up to four people and contain one king-size bed in a private bedroom, as well as a living room area with a sleeper sofa. Two of the ten Old Faithful Cabins are ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) compliant.
* The Yellowstone Cabins accommodate up to six people and include two private bedrooms with one king bed in the master suite. Twenty cabins feature a queen bed in the second bedroom, and 10 cabins feature a twin over twin bunk bed in the second bedroom.
Each cabin comes equipped with:
* A fireplace, a front porch with a sitting area, private bathrooms, and a kitchenette;
* Complimentary Wi-Fi, a flat-screen HDTV, premium cable, wireless telephone, and alarm clock/MP3 player are provided, and;
* Artwork created by local artists featuring Yellowstone National Park.
In the Bridger Camp you'll find the Bridger Cookhouse open for dinner daily with variety of burgers and sides, including beef, bison, salmon, turkey, or veggie. Of course, West Yellowstone has a variety of eating options within walking distance.
Two hot tubs are located on the property. One hot tub is available in the Washburn Camp, another in the Coulter Camp.
Guests of the Explorer Cabins may also use the pool, hot tub, fitness center, and laundry facilities at the nearby Yellowstone Park Hotel.
For additional information and to reserve a cabin, visit this page.