Contest Under Way To Choose Acadia National Park's Centennial Logo
With Acadia National Park's centennial coming up in 2016, there's a search under way for a logo to mark that birthday.
Friends of Acadia and Acadia National Park invite artists and graphic designers nationwide to design a logo celebrating the park’s 100th anniversary. The winning entry in the Acadia National Park Centennial Celebration Logo Contest will receive a prize of $3,000, and their design will appear on publications, merchandise, online, and elsewhere throughout the centennial celebration.
Acadia's centennial will be promoted and celebrated throughout the park and surrounding communities starting in the fall of 2015. It's anticipated that the centennial celebration will encourage people to celebrate the park’s rich natural and cultural history, and inspire people to make a personal connection with Acadia and work for the best possible future for this national treasure.
To put those plans in motion, a logo is needed for educational, promotional, and marketing pieces. To that end, the Acadia Centennial Committee, which includes representatives from the national park, Friends of Acadia, and other partners, is sponsoring the Acadia Centennial Celebration Logo Contest.
* Deadline for submissions is February 28, 2014
* Entry Fee: $30 for up to three designs by one entrant
* Judging: The contest will be judged by a panel of Friends of Acadia and Acadia National Park staff. Entries will be reviewed anonymously.
* Restrictions: Board, staff, and immediate family members of Friends of Acadia may not enter the contest. Employees and immediate family members of Acadia National Park may not enter the contest. Entrants must be 18 years old.
1) Complete the rules found here.
2) Review the creative brief found here.
3) Fill out the entry form found here.
Questions? Contact Friends of Acadia at .