Special Programs Planned At Rocky Mountain National Park During Holidays
Looking for some fun family activities during the holidays? Check out the lineup at Rocky Mountain National Park:
* Read with a Ranger! – December 21 through January 5 at 10:30 a.m. daily Hear stories about the wonders of the winter season. Meet at Fall River Visitor Center (located on Highway 34) for this 30 minute program.
* Animals in Winter – December 26 through January 1 at 1:30 p.m. daily Meet Rocky's wildlife! Come to this 30 minute program at Beaver Meadows Visitor Center (located on Highway 36) for a hands-on experience.
* Snowshoe Ecology Walks – December 23, 27, 30 and January 1 at 12:30 p.m. Join a ranger for a beginner level snowshoe tour exploring the natural world of a subalpine forest. Ages 8 years old and above. Participants will need to bring their own snowshoes which can be rented at sporting goods stores. Reservations required - call (970) 586-1223 beginning December 16.
On the west side of the park:
* Ski the Wilderness – Join a park ranger for this 1.5 hour cross-country ski tour of the Kawuneeche Valley. For ages 8 and above. On Saturdays, beginning December 28, at 9:30 a.m. Reservations required - call (970) 627-3471 no more than seven days in advance.
* Snowshoe in the Kawuneeche – Beginner-level snowshoe tour with a ranger. On Saturdays, beginning December 28, at 1:00 p.m. Intermediate-level snowshoe tours on Sundays, beginning December 29, at 1:00 p.m. For ages 8 and above. Reservations required - call (970) 627-3471 no more than seven days in advance.
On both sides of the park:
* Spirit of the Mountains – Park film – shown by request daily. See the stunning 23 minute park film at Beaver Meadows Visitor Center (located on Highway 36) on the east side of the park and Kawuneeche Visitor Center on the west side of the park.
For more information about Rocky Mountain National Park please call the park's Information Office at (970) 586-1206. All park visitor centers and the Information Office will be closed on December 25.