There's still time to get your creative juices flowing to enter the Acadia National Park Centennial Celebration Logo Contest, which carries a $3,000 prize for the winner.
Entries for the contest, sponsored by Friends of Acadia and the national park, are being accepted through the end of February. Along with the cash prize, the winner will have their design afixed to publications, merchandise, online, and elsewhere throughout the centennial celebration. Plus, they'll have the pleasure of being an integral part of the park's centennial celebrations!
Acadia National Park’s centennial will be promoted and celebrated throughout the park and surrounding communities starting in the fall of 2015. Acadia’s centennial will encourage people to celebrate the national park's rich natural and cultural history, and inspire people to make a personal connection with the park and work for the best possible future for this national treasure.
In order to put those plans in motion, a logo is needed for educational, promotional, and marketing pieces. To that end, the Acadia Centennial Committee, which includes Acadia National Park, Friends of Acadia, and other partners, is sponsoring the Acadia Centennial Celebration Logo Contest.
* Prize: $3,000 for the winning design
* Deadline: February 28, 2014
* Entry Fee: $30 for up to three designs by one entrant
* Judging: The contest will be judged by a panel of Friends of Acadia and Acadia National Park staff. Entries will be reviewed anonymously.
* Restrictions: Board, staff, and immediate family members of Friends of Acadia may not enter the contest. Employees and immediate family members of Acadia National Park may not enter the contest. Entrants must be 18 years old.
You can find all the rules, entry forms, and creative briefs at this site.